USHIO to showcase excimer technology at LOPEC
Ushio from The Netherlands will exhibit its excimer technology as a new trend in the business at the upcoming LOPEC tradeshow from 13 to 15 March in Munich, Germany. Chemical bonds that cannot be broken using standard UV lamps can be dissolved using the VUV 172nm wavelength produced by excimer lamps.
This Excimer pre-treatment is also reported to have tremendous advantages in comparison to plasma or corona.
Here are some of them:
- No thermal load on the surface, no damaging of surface structure
- Better bonding results
- No production of dust which can contaminate the system
- Easy integration into existing processes
- The process can be fine-tuned, is highly reproducable and independent from environment
- No charged particles are in contact with the surface, no high electric or magnetic fields, therefore the technology is applicable for any electronics
In the field of UV & IR radiation, the majority of products are customised, because each application requires its specific treatment. That is why USHIO offers not only UV & IR lamps but also power supplies, modules for various applications and electrics for different processes.
Caption: A UV excimer module from USHIO (photo: USHIO)