Printed Electronics USA continues to grow
The 10th edition of Printed Electronics USA, which has just ended in Santa Clara, CA, USA, was the biggest ever. According to the organiser IDTechEx more than 2 000 attendees were visiting the conference and the 160 exhibitors.
One of the highlights on the tradeshow floor was the presentation of a new generation of photonic curing systems by Xenon Corporation, a manufacturer of pulsed UV technology for printed electronics based in Massachusetts, USA. The SINTERON 200 is based on a novel technology for sintering, or annealing, conductive nanoparticles on heat sensitive materials at low costs and demonstrated its capabilities in live runs at the exhibition.
During the event IDTechEx also announced the winners of the IDTechEx Printed Electronics USA 2013 awards. These are as follows:
- Best Technical Development Materials Award - Applied Graphene Materials
- Best Technical Development Manufacturing Award - Rolith
- Academic R&D Award - Harvard University
- Best Product Development Award - Imprint Energy
- Best Commercialization Award – Cambrios