Printed Electronics Awards winners announced
During the Printed Electronics Europe Event (17-18 April, Berlin) organiser IDTechEx announced the winners of the annual Printed Electronics Award. These prices are meant to recognise outstanding progress in the development and commercialisation of printed electronics.
The entries were judged by Prof Iain McCulloch, Imperial College London, UK and Prof. Gunter Hübner, Hochschule der Medien, Germany.
The winners of the respective categories are:
- Best Technical Development Materials Award: Okayama University, Japan, for the ambient conductive metal nanoink.
- Best Technical Development Manufacturing Award: VTT Technical Research Center, Finland, for the development of the PrintoCent pilot factory.
- Best Product Development Award: Arjowiggins, France, for the development of the Powercoat paper substrates designed for printed electronics.
- Academic R&D Award: University of Camebridge, UK, for the work on all-inkjet-printed, all-air-processed photovoltaic cells.
- Best Poster: Joanneum Research, Austria, for the poster entitled PyzoFlex - and the world of Human Machine Interfaces.