innoLAE 2018 call for papers is now open
The call for papers is now open for the Innovations in Large-Area Electronics (innoLAE) conference taking place 23-24 January 2018, at the Wellcome Genome Campus in Cambridge, UK. Large-Area Electronics (LAE) is a new way of making electronics and includes printed, flexible, plastic, organic, and bio- electronics.
In 2017, over 240 delegates representing 133 different organisations from 13 countries attended the three days of conference events. innoLAE has been particularly successful at attracting an equal balance of delegates from industry and academia, facilitating both dissemination and networking opportunities for researchers and key-decision makers in the Large-Area Electronics (LAE) community.
The organisers are pleased to announce that Prof John A. Rogers, Northwestern University, will be addressing innoLAE 2018 as a keynote speaker.
The innoLAE 2018 conference and exhibition will present a varied 2-day programme featuring a mix of contributions for academia and industry, highlighting the most recent and exciting innovations in LAE and new products incorporating LAE technologies, including topics such as:
- Novel manufacturing paradigms for LAE (e.g. paper and fibre-based electronics, sheet-to-sheet and roll-to-roll flexible electronics, photonic transfer, and novel aspects of metrology, reliability and yield that are unique to LAE)
- Emerging materials and technologies for LAE (e.g. organic and inorganic semiconductors, conductors and novel dielectrics, quantum dots, and magnetic materials stretchable, biocompatible and biodegradable substrates)
- Flexible hybrid electronics (e.g. the combination of organic or printed electronics with thinned and unpackaged conventional semiconductor devices, stretchable hybrid electronics, novel interconnects)
- Smart wearables and stretchable/ultra-flexible electronics (e.g. applications of stretchable and ultra-flexible electronic technologies in smart wearables)
- Internet of Things and sensor technologies (e.g. applications of LAE-based sensors for IoT, manufacturing technologies and applications of LAE components and systems for IoT and wireless sensor networks)
- Bio-electronics (e.g. biosensors and electronics for healthcare applications)
- Energy harvesting and storage by or for LAE (e.g. RF, piezo, thermal and solar harvesting, printable batteries and supercapacitors)
Interested contributors are invited to submit a short abstract (1 page in length, including figures with font size 10pt or higher) and a short biography (up to 10 lines) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 September 2017, indicating a preference for either oral or poster presentation and providing up to 5 keywords related to the contribution.
Caption: Impressions from previous innoLAE conferences (photo: EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Large-Area Electronics)